• To remove the ‘ASM’ hold, you must complete all three assessments (Math, English and Reading) or ESL testing.
• To remove the ‘ORI’ hold, you must complete an online orientation via ‘MyCerritos’ or attend an on-campus new student orientation.
You may choose to participate in the Early Success Program (ESP) and receive the benefit of earlier enrollment for the fall semester. Students eligible for ESP must submit an admissions application for Summer and/or Fall 2012; take assessments in English, reading and math or ESL testing; and complete orientation-counseling by Tuesday, June 12, 2012 to receive this benefit. Attached is an ESP flyer.
Student steps for ESP are as follows:
- Application to the college for Summer or Fall 2012 in the Admission and Records Office, but is best done online at our CCCApply site: http://www.cerritos.edu/apply
- Assessment for English, math, and reading or ESL test
Complete these three assessment tests or the ESL test before orientation-counseling. Preparation information and dates and times are available at
- Orientation & Counseling should be completed after assessment tests. It is available online or in on-campus workshops:
- Enrollment will be starting on Monday, June 18th, and you can view your enrollment appointment for the Fall 2012 semester on MyCerritos; upon completion of the Early Start Program receive an earlier appointment for fall semester classes. Enrollment starts in mid-July.
First-time NEW to College Students applying for fall semester who do not complete all the steps by Tuesday, June 12th will not receive ESP early enrollment. First-time NEW to College Students who do not complete Assessment and Orientation-Counseling will not be able to enroll. For more information, visit the links above or call Cerritos College Counseling Services at (562) 860-2451, extension 2231.