School Choice Process (How does my 8th grader chose their high school program?)
- Early November: All students receive letter from High School Office explaining the matriculation process, and general information about the high school programs via U.S. Mail.
- November 12-16: Preprinted Applications for High School available at middle school sites. Parents must request Special Education Transfer Applications from the Special Education Office. Private School parents can pick up applications from School CHOICE Office at 3701 Willow St.
- November 17th: High School CHOICE Faire at Cabrillo 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (includes information about Special Programs and Smaller Learning Communities.
- December 5th: High School 8th Grade Parent Night 6:00 p.m. at Lakewood High School
- December 17th: Deadline for students to return Application for High School Learning Communities and Special Programs to middle school counselors. Private School parents turn in completed applications directly to high school.
- January 28th: Special Program letters of acceptance mailed home from Central Office with copy of letter in Intent.
- Feb 4: Confirmation of "Intent to Attend" form due to middle schools from students admitted to Special Programs. Counselor to input information into LROIX.
- Feb. 25 - Mar. 1: HIgh School Office assigns students to high schools based on HS CHOICE and priority enrollment procedures.
- March TBD: High School counselors go to middle schools to program 8th grade students.
No news posted